EXPO Health & Safety
Health and safety have always been top priorities for APEX & IFSA, and this will be amplified in the planning and execution of EXPO. APEX & IFSA continue to monitor the guidelines, restrictions, and advisories from around the world. While the state of California has eliminated their mandated requirements and restrictions as of 15 June, as EXPO is a global event, APEX & IFSA have set the following requirements to best protect our members, staff, and vendors.
All attendees, staff, and vendors must be fully vaccinated or provide a negative COVID test result to attend all aspects of the EXPO. Attendees must have received their final dose by 3 October 2021 to be considered fully vaccinated. A photo ID will be required to pick up your badge.
- For those fully vaccinated by EXPO:
- You will have the option to enter your vaccination information and to upload a photo of your vaccination card while registering online in advance of EXPO. (Those that enter their information in advance will have an expedited registration check-in process onsite in Long Beach.)
- If you do not wish to enter your vaccination information while registering for EXPO, you may show proof of your vaccination once onsite in Long Beach. (Please note that there will likely be longer lines at registration for those needing to present proof of vaccination onsite.)
- If you receive your vaccination after you complete your registration, you will have the option to log into the registration portal to add vaccination information to your record. APEX/IFSA will not store vaccination information. All vaccination information will be purged shortly after EXPO.
- Bulk badges may be picked up only for those who provided proof of vaccination in advance as part of online registration.
2. For those not fully vaccinated by 3 October but have a negative test result prior to arrival at the EXPO registration check-in:
- Once onsite, you must show a negative COVID result from a test taken within the previous three days of EXPO registration check-in.
- Attendees will have the option to receive a complimentary vaccination provided by the Long Beach Health Department onsite at the Long Beach Convention Center.
3. For those not fully vaccinated by 3 October and do not have a negative test result prior to arrival at EXPO registration check-in:
- Attendees will have the option to receive a complimentary vaccination provided by the Long Beach Health Department onsite at the Long Beach Convention Center. Vaccines will be dual dose and either the first or second dose can be administered. Exact brand of vaccine will be determined.
- Attendees will also need to receive a negative result from a complimentary rapid test provided by the Long Beach Health Department onsite at the Long Beach Convention Center. Results will take 15 minutes. Exact brand of rapid test will be determined.
- Neither health insurance nor proof of benefits are required.
Those who do not adhere to any of the above three requirements will not be permitted to attend the APEX/IFSA EXPO.
Additional Health & Safety Protocols
- Masks will be optional but are recommended for those not vaccinated.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available around the Long Beach Convention Center and the EXPO.
- Social distancing will not be enforced.
- Stay tuned on details for international visitors who need PCR tests to exit the United States. APEX/IFSA is sourcing free COVID-19 PCR testing available during EXPO with next-day results.